MBP, on its way to the UK, when will it get here?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Nakamura, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Nakamura macrumors newbie

Ok, I know this question has been asked before, if not on here on some others forums, but I find a different answer on every different forum discussion or page I read.

My MBP is currently being delivered by TNT, it is on the stage:

In the UK it is 20:08 on the 9th December.
    Are these dates and times on the TNT site UK GMT? or US Times?

From what I have read is that my MBP is coming directly from China, to England and that if you order more than one item it will get shipped to Netherlands before. So my delivery should take no more than 3 days from now? Because it should allready be on a plane here, since the TNT site says it is in transit for the last 22 hours. But the apple site says ir could take upto next week.

2. MacHipster macrumors 6502

3. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

Bear in mind that this is surface shipping, so if the weather slows down the crossing, it'll be reflected in delivery date. Mine wound up being about 4 days late due to a slow transit from China.

Basically, until the ship docks, there's no real way to know.

4. ClaphamChris macrumors regular

Expect three or four days of no activity after leaving Shanghai, then it'll suddenly shows as having arrived at and left the central distribution point in Arnhem, Netherlands. UK arrival the next day and out for delivery the day after - that's what happened to me anyway.

It goes to TNT's central hub in the Netherlands, regardless of whether it needs to join up with other items. If it does need to join up with other itens, it may get delayed there a little longer.

Mine arrived a week after it left Shanghai as outlined above. Left Shanghai one Friday, on my doorstep the next Friday.

Hope that helps

Chris

5. steve77uk macrumors regular

It goes to Arnhem the next day. Once it is there, the next morning it is prob at your nearest depot and once it is at your depot / devlivery centre it is out for delivery that day.

It seems to stay on Shanghi for ages!

6. Nakamura thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah its still in Shanghi, about 40 hours after "Shipped From Originating Depot"

So its going on a boat? Where to, can't be to Netherlands, it will take years!

So I proberly wont see my MacBook till Friday, since that was when it was shipped :(.

7. skeley69 macrumors member

did you customize your MBP wen u ordered?

i live in the UK and recently ordered a black macbook without changing anything and it got to my doorstep in less than 2 days!!

super quick. why is yours coming all the way from china?

8. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

Lol yeah, I don't think "shipped" in this day and age always means they use a ship :p It'd have to sail around Africa to reach the Netherlands, and at that point it could as well just go straight to the UK :D

9. slowpoke macrumors regular

slowpoke

Suez Canal. Come on.

10. Nakamura thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, it arrived at Arnhem Hub(Netherlands) Last night at 21:16, because of that I found the site is around GMT+1, maybe different. It could be here today :) or maybe tomorrow.

I did upgrade the MBP, to 2.6GHz Processor, 200GB 7200RPM Hardrive.

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
    Its in Northhampton :) it will be here tomorrow!?!?!?!?!?!? YAY Northampton is close to here, about 50 miles away! I can feel my MacBook now!

Okay im sorry for that spam, so excited :), like a baby in a candy store.

11. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

Alright smartarse, you got me! So I didn't take Geography at GCSE! :p how was I to know the Arabs cut through a country so ships could get through... lol

12. Nakamura thread starter macrumors newbie

haha,

12 Dec 2007 08:05 Milton Keynes Dwp Out For Delivery
    12 Dec 2007 07:41 Milton Keynes Dwp Import Received
    12 Dec 2007 05:40 Milton Keynes Dwp Out For Delivery
    11 Dec 2007 20:36 Northampton Hub Consignment Received At Transit Point

Well, it should be delivered soon! :)

Any software recomendations that I install, I am new to OSX, Ive used my uncles MBP before, and loved it.

So I will be doing web development on it. Also looking to get into C Programming.

13. AdeFowler macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

Don't even think of going for a bathroom-break ;)

14. Nakamura thread starter macrumors newbie

It isn't getting delivered directly to my home :(, its being delivered somewhere else because they will definately be in, there bringing it over after work at about 6pm, unless I walk down there and walk my MBP back though a unsafe town :).

15. steve77uk macrumors regular

Enjoy!

Exciting stuff, hope yours is OK - I have just sent 2 x 2.6 back, they STILL have not sent out my 3rd so have cancelled the order - figure I may as well wait because there is no chance I will receive it until xmas now and won't be here until January now...

:( - enjoy your MBP - I miss it already!

16. Nakamura thread starter macrumors newbie

What was wrong with them? My MBP is good, except the cd drive doesn't sound good when you insert or eject a CD.

17. steve77uk macrumors regular

I am happy for you that yours works. The problem I had was with the screen, that was all - apart from that it was fine. I have had 2 replacements and they had not ordered the 3rd for over a week, so I cancelled the order, if it was going to arrive this week I would have accepted it but it wouldn't be here until january now so thought may as well get xmas out the way first...