MBP "open with" freezes

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tedesco24, Jan 16, 2013.

1. tedesco24 macrumors member

I've been having a recurring problem for over a week now and it seems to be getting worse.

Whenever I want to delete a file, photo, folder, etc I will right click my mouse and move the cursor to MOVE TO TRASH. This part of the process works fine. The problem is if the cursor moves over the OPEN WITH...If this happens, I get a spinning blue beach ball and I'm stuck for several minutes.

This is a new problem, but ever since upgrading to ML I've seen more spinning beach balls in the past 3 months than the past 3 years with my MBP. Any suggestions what might be causing this and how to solve the problem?

2. duervo macrumors 68000

duervo

3. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

I know this is not a solution but when moving file(s)/folder(s) to the trash it's much easier to just hit Command-Backspace.

4. tedesco24 thread starter macrumors member

duervo...thank you so much for pointing me to that thread. It completely solved my problem.

justperry...thank you for the tip. I never knew that but your way is much easier than the method I was using. One of these days I'll stop using the mouse and learn all about the keyboard.