Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wwe2008

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 10, 2008
I am due to make a job application soon for a business and need to create a logo I will be using photoshop. And was wondering if I should get a highend mb or lowend mbp.
Also any other good software for logo making?
thanks

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
Personally I use Illustrator for coming up with logos, but I ran that and Photoshop fine on my MacBook (a previous generation to the current range). Granted, it's not as speedy for heavy duty stuff as a MacBook Pro no doubt is, but it did the job with no problems whatsoever.

timimbo85

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2008
Chicago
I am a MBP user, and use Illustrator for logos. What is your profession, what is the logo for? From you post, you don't sound to experienced, no offense. So you might want to post the logo you design and get some feed back from the designers. Typically for logos, you want to do many many concepts, around 30. And then pick the best ones from that, then do different concepts of that. Its tedious yes, but thats what makes a good logo / designer.

Adokimus

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2007
Boston, MA
I would go with a lower-end matte MBP if I were you. I believe that the program of choice for professionals is Adobe Illustrator (my choice for hobby graphics work, but I don't do any logo creation). Illustrator, however, may be a little too expensive and complex if you're an amateur. You could always try this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832337007, but don't know if anyone's used that. Again, I'm not an expert, so listen to what other people recommend.

aross99

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2006
East Lansing, MI
Since it sounds like you are just starting out, I would go for the MacBook, unless cost is really not an issue, and then get the MBP.

Either would work pretty well for you if you are just getting started...

Techguy172

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2007
Ontario Canada
Macbook is perfectly fine for any Adobe application Except After Obviously but seriously I'd get the Macbook for that I use it for it and it does it just fine. Get more Ram first though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.