MBP or MB? Wait for update?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by opus87, Jul 14, 2008.

1. opus87 macrumors newbie

hi, I'm planning on getting an apple comp late july or mid to late august....I'm sick of my HP (its so horrible i don't even want to talk about it... its a dv6235ca though) and Vista's annoyances, so only things are:

Macbook (most likely the white w/ the Superdrive)
    or
    Macbook Pro (base model)

I'm in college, and even though my subject doesn't need a mac, I do dabble a bit of photoshop/illustrator. And I'd *like* to play a game or two (most likely civ 4 or aoe III or sth similar...I'm not a first person shooter person), but gaming's not a biggie. I read that Intel's montevina is coming out tmr (14th), which most likely means laptops w/ new chips coming soon? And since its my first mac, i figure i should go for the newest that's out. I would love it if it was a MBP w/ the MB's keyboard and the magnetic latch (but that's just a dream)...

Thanks for deciphering my ramblings ><"

2. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

so you didnt read all the 1,000+ threads on here with same exact questions? please take a look

i too am waiting.

3. opus87 thread starter macrumors newbie

ya i've read all the other posts and articles on it, just thinking i might've missed something reading them late at night hahaha....