MBP or MB?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DudeDave, Feb 2, 2008.

1. DudeDave macrumors newbie

So I've been reading through a lot of these threads lately, and I know this is a common question. I'm a college student and I am looking for a new laptop as mine is pretty much on its last leg. I use my laptop for the general stuff, such as surfing, word and power point, but I would also like to run CS3 on it. I'm not that skilled at using it yet, but hopefully will continue to build my skills. I will also need to be running windows on the computer as some of the programs I need for school are only for windows. I will also be doing some gaming on it such as WoW and maybe some StarCraft. I was wondering if the 2.2ghz mbp would do all of this, or should I invest in a higher end model. I would like to get a few years out of this laptop before having to upgrade.

Thanks for your help,
    David

2. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

2.2ghz MBP should do what you need without breaking a sweat. If you can afford it, drop a few bucks at Crucial and max out the RAM.

3. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

CS3 = Processor and RAM hungry.
    Starcraft and WoW = You're actually asking whether a 12 year old game and a 4 year old game will run on a computer that is pretty high on specs in the first place?

I am not gonna lie to you sonny, I don't think you will experience problems. Even with a Macbook that is.

4. heatmiser macrumors 68020