MBP order cancelled and same model reordered?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Daelos, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Daelos macrumors member

I ordered my mbp last thursday afternoon; said 3 working days shipping so been eagerly awaiting news since the weekend. Just checked my order status on the website, having not heard anything from apple and it says that my order was cancelled and the same model ordered again. i can't check dates or anything however so can't see when and know i didn't do it.

anyone else had this happen and know why?

all i can think of is the model was built but didnt get through Quality control. Even so, would have been nice to have an email mentioning that the initial order had been cancelled by them so i knew there would be delays

2. Kyffin macrumors 6502

Funny, I'd definitely want to find out whats going on with that- have you given apple a call?

3. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68000

PBG4 Dude

This happened to someone in the MBA forum, just saw the thread a few minutes ago.

4. Daelos thread starter macrumors member

i haven't yet, was going to in the morning. And thanks, will check out the mba forum, see if any new info arises

5. Built macrumors 68020

Something is definitely going on with the Apple Store the last few days...I have never encountered so many delays, missed deadlines and glitches than in the order I placed with Apple for a MBP accessory on Saturday.

It said "Ship in 24 hours". It was never shipped out. I called yesterday afternoon and was told it was "Preparing for Shipment." Website still said, "Not Yet Shipped," instead of "Preparing for Shipment."

The rep said she would cancel the order. It went out today. It was originally scheduled to arrive between the 16th and 19th, but now won't arrive until at least the 22nd.

I have always had great service from them...items always arrived on time or before...but I have less faith in them after the last few days of waiting.

6. Daelos thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Just got two emails saying my order has shipped (same order number), eta the 24th.
    Hopefully this means problems are sorted