MBP Order - When do apple issue tracking info?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Cully411, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Cully411 macrumors member

Hi All,

:confused:

Apologies if this has been asked before - but when do apple actually give you the carrier details so that you can track the parcels whereabouts?

Thanks in advance

Cully

2. Locodice macrumors regular

it depends on a couple of factors

a) whether its a single order (ie no peripherals)
    b) which carrier

I ordered just the macbook pro with no peripherals and got tracking details 2 days later, the carrier was UPS.

I hear some people who ordered say a neoprene case to go with it not getting issued a tracking number until the mbp is grouped with the accessory when it reaches your country.

3. Cully411 thread starter macrumors member

I choose the standard service, delivering to the UK.

I got the base high-end 15" with no customisations + Educational Repair cover (which is reportedly being shipped separately from the MBP :confused:).

I only seem to have info that apple provide me which is..

Shipped to BELFAST, GB 07 Mar 2011

Estimated Delivery Date (Subject to change) 17 Mar 2011 (Subject to change)

Current Delivery Status In Transit to Customer - Shipment on Schedule 12 Mar 2011

Signed by

4. sminp, Mar 10, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2011

sminp macrumors newbie

I didn't get an option to change the type of delivery so I assume it's standard.

I got the high-end 15" with 128GB SSD and AppleCare so mine was shipped "merge in transit" and was led to believe I'd get tracking info when it reached the UK.

My order status is currently showing:

Shipped to ORMSKIRK, GB 07 Mar 2011

Estimated Delivery Date (Subject to change) 19 Mar 2011 (Subject to change)

Current Delivery Status In Transit to Customer - Shipment on Schedule 11 Mar 2011

Signed by

Am I right in assuming this means the estimated delivery date is now the 11th March? I have no tracking info yet so I'd assume I'd have to get that today if it's gonna arrive tomorrow.

UPDATE: I've just phoned up and been told my MBP is somewhere in Europe and that I should get it by 15th March although 14th is a possibility. The woman said she expects my tracking info to be updated this weekend

5. shreddy macrumors regular

I think the main factor is who the initial carrier is for the shipment from China.

My "Shipment Notification" email from Apple said the carrier was "Kuhne & Nagel Spedition" and I didn't get any tracking info until it arrived in the UK and was handed over to UPS for final delivery (one full stressful week after the initial notification!).

Not sure what other carriers Apple also tasks to ship from China, but I think if UPS or FedEx get it then you can track from the go.