mbp paint color

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tylerboyo, Apr 20, 2007.

1. tylerboyo macrumors member

hi, i got a scratch on my mbp, next to the tracker pad its annoyin the hell outta me. is there a paint out there EXACTLY the same so i cant paint over it?

also i need a few new keys for my keyboard.

if any1 has links, id appreciate it. i am from the UK, but will freely order from the states if need be.

thanks

2. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

http://www.welovemacs.com/tiowtitouppa.html

I bought touchup paint for my PowerBook G4 but to be honest it's not an identical match. Though the scratch may bug you I'm not sure if you want to gamble $20 for paint that may not satisfy.

3. tylerboyo thread starter macrumors member

thanks. ill wait and see if any1 else replies. if not ill buy that one and test it out on the back or something, before i use it where the scratch is.

4. tylerboyo thread starter macrumors member

sorr to bump this, but i really need a solution.
    have also looked all over the net for replacement keys and have not found any yet.

5. SpaceJello macrumors 6502

I tried the same paint from the above link before, the conceAL version for aluminium macs (which the MBP is). The color doesn't really match at all, when I got it I was expecting something a little bit more opaque and silvery that can really cover the scratch but its a little bit more translucent and when dried, it isn't as shiny as the aluminum body. My suggestion is not get that.

How big of a scratch do you have? If next to the trackpad, maybe try a palm wrist to cover it up.