MBP performs better when plugged to the wall.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fel10, Nov 17, 2010.

1. fel10 macrumors 68000

fel10

I was just wondering if anyone else noticed this. I notice this everytime I minimize a window. When my MBP is plugged to the wall, and I minimize a window, the animation is very smooth, but when it is unplugged, just using the battery power, it is still smooth, but not as smooth. Anyone noticed this????

Maybe I'm just being paranoid!

2. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

nope, mine is exactly the same, wall or no wall.

3. fel10 thread starter macrumors 68000

fel10

4. sngx1275 macrumors regular

sngx1275

This might be too obvious... Do you have your power usage set to 'Best Performance' or whatever it is called when on battery? Because by default when you unplug it (from the wall) it drops to a more conservative power usage, ie - worse performance.

5. fel10 thread starter macrumors 68000

fel10

Yeah, I think that is it. I tweaked a little with the battery settings, and it seems to be working fine now.

6. TopHatPlus macrumors 6502

i am not 100% sure but i also do. I don't know how long you have been using a mac but before snow leopard we used to have the option of setting our CPU performance based on it running a batter and that greatly improved the batter life, i do believe because we no longer have this option it automatically lowers the performance.

7. fel10 thread starter macrumors 68000

fel10

Oh ok, I did not know that.

I do notice a performance decrease, but its to the point where u don't even really notice unless u really pay attention to it, so I'm cool with it. Everything still works smoothly, just not as smooth as if it was plugged onto the wall.