MBP Power Adaptor question.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iSheahan, Apr 24, 2011.

1. iSheahan macrumors member

I've noticed that lately my power adaptor's powering indicator doesn't light up. I thought maybe my adaptor was going bad or the laptop was needing repair or something. Then today, I noticed the settings reading the following:

[​IMG]

So, the light was not lit up, the power source was the wall charger and the battery was not charging. My question is this; when did this start happening? I've had this MBP for a year now and never noticed this. Was this a software update? I've always wanted my battery to not charge when plugged in if it was already at 100%.

Note:
    I'm running 10.6.7 Build 10J869, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3.

2. frankieboy macrumors regular

I have noticed lights on adapters not glowing, but the adapters are otherwise okay.

That's easy! Just look at your screenshot. The time was 12:09 :D

Thanks for providing the speed of your memory. That a gin-ourmous help in diagnosing an AC adpater issue :rolleyes:

3. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

What does the Health Information section of Battery Information in the Power section of the System Profiler say?

4. canucksfan88 macrumors 6502a

canucksfan88

i had the same issue with my late 2009 17" mbp

i took it in w/ apple care and they did the follow

1st visit: replaced magsafe adaptor
    2nd visit: replaced the magsafe port
    3rd visit: replaced the battery
    4th visit: because they screwed up my dvd drive + backlit keyboard in the process they swapped the machine

long story short...i have no idea why it was acting up. they couldn't seem to fix it...