MBP power cable durability...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gravytrain84, Jul 8, 2010.

1. gravytrain84 macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

I recently purchased my first MBP, question is.... Do these power cables break down and crack as easy as the iphone data cables?? Please tell me no, at $79 a piece, that would be terrible.

[​IMG]

2. Sanderr macrumors regular

unless you're planning to tow a car with it it will stay in working order as long as you'll be using the laptop.

3. gravytrain84 thread starter macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

No towing in the plans so I guess I'll be okay... It just looked to be made outta the same material as the iphone charger, which is garbage.

4. MacModMachine macrumors 68020

MacModMachine

he's not saying it cannot tow a car....you just need some preperation......
    :eek:

5. smelly cat macrumors regular

smelly cat

depends on how often you're plugging it in and unplugging it in addition to how often you wrap the cord around the charger. My cable is going through absolutely no wear and tear thanks to 10 hours of battery life. I just leave the charger connected to a power strip at home.

6. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

Just google magsafe fraying. Tons of results. Also, the one you show in the picture is the OLD mag safe design, and that is prone to fray. The google search would show you the old design issues. The new aluminum design connector is stronger, and I have not herd of any issues.