MBP Power-On by itself...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BlackSmp, Feb 13, 2008.

1. BlackSmp macrumors member

Hi!
    I have a strange problem. It has happened twice. I power off the MBP, place it in my backpack and walk to work. When I arrive at work the MBP is on and running very hot.

Any ideas? Why does it turn itself on?

--jarl

2. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

You sure the system has been powered off? You don't see the white light in the front?

3. Sceneshifter macrumors 6502

Sceneshifter

happened to me too before the last patch, have yet to see it happening now. Basicaly when I put it to sleep, it would wake up once in a while (and you could hear it check the CD drive etc..) no clue as to why this is/was happening, but extremely annoying.

4. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

My MBP did that once when put to sleep. It was sitting behind me on the floor when I was working on a different laptop when I would hear the CD rom all of sudden. I guess it was the Mac Ghost visiting me or something.

5. BlackSmp thread starter macrumors member

I wasn't sure the first time. The second time I really checked that it was off... Beats me... And it wasn't just sleep, it was power off.

6. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

My MBP did that all the time at exactly mid-night. Freaked the hell out of me as I'm a light sleeper. It's stopped happening for a while now though.

7. JPT macrumors regular

Wow, I thought I was just going crazy :p

This happened to me twice that I've noticed. I put my MBP to sleep, placed it in my bag and headed home or to school and when I got there it was awake and running hot! It was the weirdest thing! :p