MBP Price Point

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BigD58, Sep 26, 2008.

  1. BigD58 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Mar 31, 2008
    Location:
    North Carolina
    #1
    Okay everyone is talking about the new features/looks/hardware of the next MBP, what i am wondering (and is most important to me) is what will the prices be??

    Thanks
     
  2. TEG macrumors 604

    TEG

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2002
    Location:
    Langley, Washington
    #2
    About the same as they are now. Perhaps some reductions, but don't count on it.

    TEG
     
  3. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

    Eidorian

    Joined:
    Mar 23, 2005
    Location:
    Indianapolis
    #3
    I wouldn't count on any price drops. You'll get better hardware and new features to take advantage of though. Apple in the past has made certain features standard at the same price instead of a build to order option. (SuperDrive, Airport Wireless, Bluetooth)
     
  4. MattZani macrumors 68030

    MattZani

    Joined:
    Apr 20, 2008
    Location:
    UK
    #5
    A Small Price Drop maybe, like £100, but only if the Air and MB Get it aswell, otherwise a Base MBP would be cheaper than the Base MBA.
     
  5. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

    Tallest Skil

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2006
    Location:
    1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
    #6
    Same (95% chance) or lower (5% chance). They've been the same since the introduction of the aluminum PowerBook G4 in 2003. They're staying the same.
     
  6. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Feb 2, 2007
    Location:
    Ontario Canada
    #7
    Apple Usually dosen't lower prices on the high end computers. However they very well might. It wouldn't much if they did though.
     
  7. AAPLaday Guest

    AAPLaday

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2008
    Location:
    Manchester UK
    #8
    A small drop however small would be welcomed though :)
     
  8. computergeek macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2008
    #9
    I agree!!
     
  9. pedroistheman macrumors 6502

    pedroistheman

    Joined:
    Sep 10, 2007
    #10
    i actually heard there may be a price increase with the eco-friendly aluminum casing... :(
     
  10. Freelancer91 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 31, 2008
    #11
    Pricing Predictions on the New MBP?

    I'm hoping to make the leap from PC to Mac soon by buying a Macbook Pro. However, one major problem is that Macs are considerably more expensive than PC's. I have heard rumors that Mac is considering lowering prices on their line of notebooks to open up a wider market. I figured that to get the Macbook Pro that I would want at it's current price, I would have to work about 30 weeks at 12.75 hours a week(and that is a best case scenario. I work at my High School and make $8.00 an hour). How much, if at all, do you guys think Apple will reduce the starting prices of their new line of Macbook Pros?
     
  11. tMac85 macrumors 65816

    tMac85

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2007
    Location:
    in a great place
    #12
    not sure if they will drop the prices of the MBP. they are for professionals in some way, so the price should stay the same. they are the higher end and thus come with higher price tag Macbooks however should drop.
     
  12. squeeks macrumors 68040

    squeeks

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2007
    Location:
    Florida
  13. Freelancer91 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 31, 2008
    #14
    Yeah I don't think a regular Macbook is what I want, because I'm going for a gaming machine.
     
  14. squeeks macrumors 68040

    squeeks

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2007
    Location:
    Florida
    #15
    ok then

    http://www.alienware.com/products/notebook-computers.aspx

    or buy a macbook and build a cheap desktop for gaming

    you can build a nice gaming machine for about 500 bucks with monitor
     
  15. Freelancer91 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 31, 2008
    #16
    What about addons such as RAM and storage. Could we expect a drop in the price of those?
     
  16. squeeks macrumors 68040

    squeeks

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2007
    Location:
    Florida
    #17
    ram will always be outrageously priced from apple

    the HD upgrades arent too bad
     
  17. Habusho macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2006
    #18
    I think Apple needs to rethink their pricing. Laptop prices with other vendors has really gone down over the years with other manufacturers. Theirs hasn't. The MBP is about 2700 retail these days, which to most consumers would be pretty steep.
     

Share This Page