MBP Price Point

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BigD58, Sep 26, 2008.

1. BigD58 macrumors regular

Okay everyone is talking about the new features/looks/hardware of the next MBP, what i am wondering (and is most important to me) is what will the prices be??

Thanks

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

About the same as they are now. Perhaps some reductions, but don't count on it.

TEG

3. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I wouldn't count on any price drops. You'll get better hardware and new features to take advantage of though. Apple in the past has made certain features standard at the same price instead of a build to order option. (SuperDrive, Airport Wireless, Bluetooth)

4. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

A Small Price Drop maybe, like £100, but only if the Air and MB Get it aswell, otherwise a Base MBP would be cheaper than the Base MBA.

5. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Same (95% chance) or lower (5% chance). They've been the same since the introduction of the aluminum PowerBook G4 in 2003. They're staying the same.

6. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

Apple Usually dosen't lower prices on the high end computers. However they very well might. It wouldn't much if they did though.

7. AAPLaday Guest

AAPLaday

A small drop however small would be welcomed though :)

8. computergeek macrumors member

I agree!!

9. pedroistheman macrumors 6502

pedroistheman

i actually heard there may be a price increase with the eco-friendly aluminum casing... :(

10. Freelancer91 macrumors newbie

Pricing Predictions on the New MBP?

I'm hoping to make the leap from PC to Mac soon by buying a Macbook Pro. However, one major problem is that Macs are considerably more expensive than PC's. I have heard rumors that Mac is considering lowering prices on their line of notebooks to open up a wider market. I figured that to get the Macbook Pro that I would want at it's current price, I would have to work about 30 weeks at 12.75 hours a week(and that is a best case scenario. I work at my High School and make $8.00 an hour). How much, if at all, do you guys think Apple will reduce the starting prices of their new line of Macbook Pros?

11. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

not sure if they will drop the prices of the MBP. they are for professionals in some way, so the price should stay the same. they are the higher end and thus come with higher price tag Macbooks however should drop.

12. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

13. Freelancer91 macrumors newbie

Yeah I don't think a regular Macbook is what I want, because I'm going for a gaming machine.

14. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

ok then

http://www.alienware.com/products/notebook-computers.aspx

or buy a macbook and build a cheap desktop for gaming

you can build a nice gaming machine for about 500 bucks with monitor

15. Freelancer91 macrumors newbie

What about addons such as RAM and storage. Could we expect a drop in the price of those?

16. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

ram will always be outrageously priced from apple

the HD upgrades arent too bad

17. Habusho macrumors 6502

I think Apple needs to rethink their pricing. Laptop prices with other vendors has really gone down over the years with other manufacturers. Theirs hasn't. The MBP is about 2700 retail these days, which to most consumers would be pretty steep.