Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zirkle2007

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
Indiana, USA
So, let me start by saying I love my MacBook Pro and would recommend it to everyone! I've had little trouble with it and when I have, I've been able to find an easy solution. This one has me stumped though. I don't even know what to search for!

So here it is,

dsc00031de5.jpg

What happens is that most of the time when I have an external monitor plugged in and power up or reboot, I get this. Sometimes its even worse but I haven't had my camera when its happened. I'll post it if it does.

Anyways, I know the obvious fix is to just start up with the monitor unhooked, which is fine, but I just wanted to see if anyone else has any experience with this or if I'm alone.

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
Sounds like maybe a driver problem, a preference problem, a permissions problem, or an actual hardware problem. I'd contact Apple Care, they may have more info.

TEG

zirkle2007

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
Indiana, USA
Well, it just finished. The only things listed were some differing permissions to do with iChat. I don't think iChat would be causing it...

I'm hoping its not a hardware problem. Could it have something to do with the recent graphics update?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.