MBP: Problems/Issues/What should I do?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DukeVi, Mar 3, 2008.

1. DukeVi macrumors newbie

Hello everybody,

I've decided to register for an account because I've had some issue with my MBP lately. I've own this MBP for around 6 months, and it has been acting weird consistently.

Here are some issues:

- When connected to the HDTV (Samsung 22") through HDMI, after I wake it up, it goes to sleep right back again.

- It constantly does not wake up and I have to force restart

- Sometimes when I restart the screen just messed up (filled with weird color, so I have to force restart again)

- Lately, whenever I do finger scrolling, I have to wait for 3 seconds for it to "JUMP" down/up (instead of scrolling smoothly it just jumps and before it jumps it will just freeze)

- Background always change to some random picture by itself (not sure if this is important or not)

- Consequently (again) when I boot up it will says "Mac OS X quit unexpectedly" and (again) I have to force restart

- It is 'obviously' slower than my friend's Macbook (that's just my concern though)

I've converted from Windows to Mac and I feel very happy with this MBP.
    However, these issues are quite annoying and I wonder if mine is a defective unit or not. I never dropped or banged my laptop at all. It has been around 6 months and it has been bad lately.

I recorded a lot of videos when it crashes (just in case if I'm going to show it to the apple guy)

Is it weird to have these kind of symptoms?

Does anyone of you experience this?

Thank you everyone!

PS: English is not my first language, please don't mind if I use broken english.

2. DukeVi thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry for double posting... but I forgot to list my spec for my MBP

It's 2.4 Ghz C2D, 4 GB Ram, 160 GB 7200 RPM.

I also have apple care and everything.

3. CaptainCaveMann macrumors 68000

CaptainCaveMann

There are 3 things you need to do.

1. Take it back
    2. Bring your friends
    3. Arm yourselves with pitchforks and torches. :D

No but seriously, that sounds defective. You have 1 year from purchase to buy Apple Care, I recommend you do so.

4. Heston macrumors regular

Do yourself a favor and return it. That doesn't sound right at all.

5. DukeVi thread starter macrumors newbie

Will I be able to return it just like that?

Problems above pop out once in a while though. Sometimes the computer works just perfect. I've never been to the genius bar. I'm afraid that when they sample my computer, it'll work just fine.

Will the videos I recorded have any value at all?

THose problems are bugging me, may be those people at genius bar won't really pay attention to problems that pop out once in a while (since there is no way that I can proof it if nothing goes wrong the moment they sample it).

Ah.....

This is so sad...

6. DukeVi thread starter macrumors newbie