MBP Problems! PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Cricketman, May 29, 2012.

1. Cricketman macrumors regular

Hi everyone

I was using my MBP today till about 6% charge. It turned off by itself, I figured it was because the battery died. I plugged it in and let it charge but now it is not turning on properly. When I try and turn it on, the MBP chimes, I get a white screen and then it goes black. this happens over and over again. I tried resetting PRAM, didn't work. PLEASE HELP!!

2. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

3. Astroboy907 macrumors 65816

Astroboy907

4. Cricketman thread starter macrumors regular

So i somehow got it to boot up normally, but i'm still having issues. it randomly falls asleep while in use. it takes a lot of mashing of the spacebar and the trackpad to finally wake it up. anyone have any similar experiences? what is wrong? how would i fix this?

5. Astroboy907 macrumors 65816

Astroboy907

Really, try an smc reset. It could fix sleep issues. Make sure there are no magnets near the computer, as the could cause it to sleep irregularly. The lag between sleep and wake-up is usually due to the computer saving the RAM contents to the HD.

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

PRAM/NVRAM has nothing to do with battery/power/charging issues. Resetting it will not help. Only resetting the SMC addresses such issues.
    This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions: