MBP processor speed 2.4 ghz or 2.53

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by pros63599, Sep 9, 2009.

1. pros63599 macrumors newbie

MBP Processor speeds, im getting a laptop for editing, is the processor speed neglegible or does 2.4ghz to 2.53 actually make any difference?
    I think the older mbp which has the 9400 and the 9600 graphics card would be better as i am using after effects alot rather than the newer one which has only the 9400 graphics but what do you guys think, does it make any difference on both the graphics card and the processor speed.

And just as a throw away question, what do you think is apples objective. to make decent quality mbp computers, or to get as much money out of you as possible?

Thanks guys

2. Rhalliwell1 macrumors 6502a

Both are more than capable of doing what you want them to do, just one will do it slightly quicker than the other. Time is money, is your time worth the extra money?

Apple prides it's self for producing high quality goods. You generally pay a little more for a product with an Apple logo on but that is slowly becoming a myth.

Hope it helps :)

3. dwd3885 macrumors 68020

You really didn't say anything but a couple cliches and a comment.

To the OP, I was in the same situation, I got the old model. Not because it is necessarily much better, but it would have been a $400 difference for me and that wasn't worth the extra cpu speed, sd card or built-in battery and the DOWNGRADE in graphics.

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Difference is 5%, which is unnoticeable or couple of seconds if you're doing encoding or something. Get the old one with dual GPUs, it's A LOT bigger bang for your buck