MBP Purchase - ecstatic!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Olufemi, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Olufemi macrumors newbie

Hello all,

Well I went ahead and bought a 17' hi-res MBP new on ebay and I must say that I'm absolutely ecstatic with my purchase - I just got it yesterday. I am just in the earliest stages of getting it going, but already I can see how this is going to change my "cyber life". haha

This is my first Mac, and I do not even have a sniff of buyer's remorse!

Anyway, thanks to all who gave me advice as I was hunting down the right purchase.
    For all those weary about buying on ebay - just make sure you do enough research on the seller and communicate a lot - make phone calls if you can, and I'm sure you will be fine. Just like any ebay purchase, read all the feedback, positive and especially negative and make sure you know exactly what you are getting. Just from my own experience I can say that it was great, stress-free and seamless. However ebay experiences are very personal so I wouldn't always assume that it will go well, just be careful and caveat emptor!

Ok, well I'm glad to be a fellow Macie now!
    Thanks all!

2. ErikAndre macrumors 6502a

ErikAndre

Congratulations on the new purchase. I have a Powerbook G4 and have played around with the MBP's and have been truley impressed. I would get one but I'm saving up for the MP coming out in January (speculated).

3. Jeremy! macrumors newbie

Cheers!

No looking back now. You won't regret it!
    :)

4. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

Its nice some of us have got some new hardware... :D

5. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

Ditto

I did it two weeks ago. 17" glossy MBP. No problems, couldn't be happier, no remorse - now or in January.
    Congratulations!