MBP purchase question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by relapseDC, Jun 5, 2007.

1. relapseDC macrumors newbie

HEllo, 1st post on here just found this site and have been reading all day. :D I Just purchased my first mac on 05/22/07 which is just a couple days over 2 weeks ago.There isnt anything i can do now to get the new upgraded version is there? I guess within the 2 weeks i could have returned it and paid the restocking fee and got the new one with the LED screen, etc etc. any suggestions. Dont get me wrong Im all about my new purchase, i swear it treat it like friggn person lol. But to have this drop 2 weeks after i picked it up sucks. I guess i should have done my homework.

2. wyatt23 macrumors 6502a

wyatt23

pay the restocking fee and get the new one. you'll be thanking yourself. it would be cheaper than buying the equivilent upgrades. OR...

you can call up and argue lol. that might actually accomplish the same thing.

3. lancestraz macrumors 6502a

lancestraz

I believe there is a 14 day return period. Lets see the 22nd was....

DON'T JUST STAND THERE RUN (actually driving would probable be faster) TO YOU APPLE STORE!!!!!!

4. relapseDC thread starter macrumors newbie

thats the thing, i think im SOL. 14 days would've been if i had purchased on the 23rd, i think im a day late. the reason that really frustrates me is that as a graphics student a LED screen would have been extremely advantagous 1 for the brightness and 2 for the weight difference of carrying it around with all my books etc. plus 40 more gigs on the HD, and i already have 2g ram. Plus the video card upgrade would be slick for gaming. Man im bitter 1 DAY! lol i could kick my self. :eek:

I wish there was a way.:mad:

5. lancestraz macrumors 6502a

lancestraz

Today is 14 days since the 22nd. If you get to an Apple store today they might let you switch.

It couldn't hurt to call and ask either.....

6. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

It does suck about you not getting the new stuff. I really don't think you'll notice the .2 pund difference. And secondly, the LED screens are the same brightness. I feel sorry about the hardware stuffm such as a graphics student the graphics card difference, and bigger HD. You should go try and exchange, the best of luck!

7. relapseDC thread starter macrumors newbie

just got off the phone with a friend, whos friend works there. he said should be a good chance if i can make it in tonight. :crosses fingers::D

8. A Pittarelli macrumors 6502

so you can really exchange your computer within 14 days? i didnt know that

9. Spoony Bard macrumors regular

Aye, but there's a 10% restocking fee if you've opened the box.