MBP quad ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by artivideo.nl, May 30, 2009.

1. artivideo.nl macrumors 6502

artivideo.nl

When will there be a MBP with quad core on the marcket? To edit AVC-I even the 2.93 core2duo seems just fast enough.

2. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

You don't seriously think that anyone here can give you a definitive answer to that question, do you? The only people who know for sure are Apple.

3. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Actually, we do know. Intel's roadmap for their Quad-core, i7, notebook CPU's is late 2009/early 2010. Since Apple has always been given priority in chip selection, we can speculate Apple will either have Quad-core notebooks on the market in the fall, just in time for back-to-school and Christmas, or in January/February at some point.

4. Thiol macrumors 6502a

Thiol

Not really. Apple might forgo the quad core processors (Clarksfield) because of low clock speeds and high power requirements. They might wait for the Nehalem dual core processors with fast clock speeds (Arrandale). It's simply a guessing game on our part.

5. Fireproof! macrumors 6502a

Fireproof!

April 1, 2010

6. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

ha.

this is a perfect example of how these kinds of questions should be answered.

7. Scottsdale macrumors 601

Scottsdale

I think that is about guaranteed. I think we see same Penryn in updates in June/July to MBP. Then that is about right for a Q1 2010 Arrandale CPU upgrade.