Original poster
Apr 11, 2012
Germany
Hey everybody,
I ordered the smallest MacBook Pro Retina yesterday. My reasons are:
- Retina display of course
- Having an up to date computer even in one or two years
- And it´s light and portable

I wanted to buy an Air first, but after they introduced the new Pro Retina, I was amazed by that thing.
I will use it for surfing the web, sometimes playing video games, writing, creating presentations....

Do you guys think I made the right decision? I meant it´s pretty much the Retina display which is important to me....

Thanks for your comments!

Eddyisgreat

macrumors 601
Oct 24, 2007
A bit underpowered for what you're doing but it's all good, you'll just have to upgrade sooner. Have fun!

Comment

mohsy90

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2011
New York
Hey everybody,
I ordered the smallest MacBook Pro Retina yesterday. My reasons are:
- Retina display of course
- Having an up to date computer even in one or two years
- And it´s light and portable

I wanted to buy an Air first, but after they introduced the new Pro Retina, I was amazed by that thing.
I will use it for surfing the web, sometimes playing video games, writing, creating presentations....

Do you guys think I made the right decision? I meant it´s pretty much the Retina display which is important to me....

Thanks for your comments!
Yea it's a good buy.

Comment

MrWingman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 11, 2012
Germany
Air would have been more than enough for what you do.

But if you have the money, good for you.
Could an MacBook Air run video games like Anno 2070, Call of Duty etc? I always use two monitors and do many things at the same time (e.g. I always have min 5 tabs open, work with a couple of PDF´s an write at the same time...

Comment

pandamonia

macrumors 6502a
Nov 15, 2009
Could an MacBook Air run video games like Anno 2070, Call of Duty etc? I always use two monitors and do many things at the same time (e.g. I always have min 5 tabs open, work with a couple of PDF´s an write at the same time...
No.

Air is a high powered Net Book.

the 650M will be a decent GPU for gaming at sensible resolutions. You can probably over clock it to 660M speeds with ease in windows.

You made a good choice.

Comment

TheMacBookPro

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2008
I don't know about Anno. But Call of Duty, most certainly.

I had an 11" Air with the 320M graphics and it ran COD4 fluently at native resolution and high graphics (in OS X). In Windows 7, it ran MW3 at native res and medium graphics very smoothly.

The HD3000 was poorer than the 320M but the new HD4000 should be even better than the 320M was- it's only a little ways off from the 6490M in the previous gen base MBP.

Comment

DeeEss

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2011
I think you are preaching to the converted here. If you want someone to disagree with you you may be best going to a dell forum. If one exists!

Comment

MrWingman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 11, 2012
Germany
I think you are preaching to the converted here. If you want someone to disagree with you you may be best going to a dell forum. If one exists!
You´re right. And if we are all honest to ourselfs...nobody wants to hear that it was a bad decision. We never buy things we need....we buy things we want:rolleyes:

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.