Mbp r. With 16gb mem, pick up in store?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by NJKA, Jun 14, 2012.

1. NJKA macrumors newbie

Hi, I have a 10% Apple discount card(given to me for a repair cock up by Apple a few years a go). The discount looks like it must be used in the exact store that issued it. I would like to use the card on a new mbp r, 2.6ghz, However, I need 16Gb of ram. Because of the extra ram is this somthing that can be bought of the self, or is this going to be a custom build. If it's a custom build can I still order it in store and use my discount.

Thanks

2. simsaladimbamba

Phone the store, if they have that build in store. Maybe you can order it online and pick it up in the store and use that coupon then?

3. Androidpwns macrumors regular

From what ppl here have been saying... anything over the standard 8gb would make your order a BTO option ( available only online via the Apple store ).

4. cc2096 macrumors regular

cc2096

The only model available in the stores with 16gb is the highest end spec with the 2.7ghz i7 & 768gb ssd. That's $4k with tax.

5. NJKA thread starter macrumors newbie

I rang the store and I can't use the discount card on BTO orders:mad: I also wanted a 27" thunderbold display, applecare etc. After looking at the third party prices. I'm probably better of just buying the laptop/applecare from Apple, and the rest from Amazon etc. Then sell the discount card on e-bay (for use only in the Traford Centre, Manchecher, UK)

Thanks

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

At the moment you cannot specify store pickup for these bad boys. When I go to order that option is grayed out for some reason