MBP RAM change and Time Machine

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ibizarocks, Mar 31, 2009.

1. ibizarocks macrumors regular

Ok first ups, time machine. Always backed up, never had the need to use it until last night when my comp got seriously screwed up to the point I thought I'd lost it all and then I do a reset with Time Machine and voila. It is amazing!!! Problems resolved, no issues since. Moral of this little paragraph is if you're not taking advantage of Time Machine DO IT! It's already on your comp and will literally save your life one day.

Now to my actual question. I've got 4gb RAM to put in my MBP but I can't find a small philips head screwdriver to do it! I live in the UK so if anyone knows of a place that sells the screwdriver I'm after and has actually used it on their MBP successfully please let me know as it would help me out dearly!

Thanks in advance guys!

2. Gerri Shin macrumors member

the best advise I have is to use one of those screwdrivers for tightening the screws on eyeglasses. those work just fine, if you don't have a set you could probably go down to your nearest optometrist and get one for around $3 USD (not sure what the exchange rate is at the moment)

3. dabirdwell macrumors 6502

I just ended up getting a small set of mini-screwdrivers and tools in a computer repair tool kit. I think I got it at a Radio Shack (U.S. only?) and it was pretty cheap.

Here's a set for $6 US.