Mbp Ram

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jimmieboy, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Jimmieboy macrumors 6502

Jimmieboy

Hi everyone!

I'm just wondering if this RAM is suited for the MBP. I've checked it out and it seems like it is, but I'd like someone else to just have a look. http://www.computeralliance.com.au/parts.aspx?qryPart=8503

I've read how to install the memory but I want to know, how easy it is to do. I'm an advanced computer user so I shouldn't have a problem, I just don't want to break anything.

Also, is it a good idea to install the memory before I first start my MBP (hahah, which I haven't even ordered yet).

And lastly, do any of you re-install OS X before you first use your new macs? And if you do, why?

Thanks! That shall be all for now!

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Umm, which RAM?

Edit: Checked your link. Seems like it should work.

3. heatmiser macrumors 68020

I do. I want to know exactly what's on the machine, and decide for myself which languages, drivers, and iBloat I'd like taking up drive space.

4. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Always run a machine in its stock configuration for at least a day before upgrading. Otherwise, if you have a DOA, how will you know whether it is Apple's parts or yours?

The Geil modules are the right spec, but I do not recommend RAM with heatspreaders for the Intel Macs - particularly the iMac and MacBook - because the physical room for installation is very tight and depending on the heat spreaders, they may interfere with installation.

5. Jimmieboy thread starter macrumors 6502

Jimmieboy

Can you give me any links to Australian sites that sell appropriate RAM, if it's going to be a problem over heating my MBP.