MBP Random Power Loss and Time Reset

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thesampayne, May 7, 2011.

1. thesampayne macrumors newbie

hi all,

Twice in the last few weeks my MacBook Pro (15inch i7, mid 2010) has lost power and when booted up again the time and date has been reset to 00:00:00 and the earliest date possible. It also looses the wireless connection password but i think this may be due to the dates conflicting with the date my Keychain was created.

In addition, after these power losses and also intermittently at other time the charger doesn't work first time and i have had to try different sockets to get it to function.

My first thought would be some sort of power surge or fault in the charger that causes it. But i'm not sure if that is even possible.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks

2. Btrthnezr3 macrumors 6502a

Btrthnezr3

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

I think it may be your PRAM battery. Try to do a pram set and see if that works. Other than that, I think you may need to see Apple.

3. PwcrLinux macrumors newbie

Yes, it's look like a coin battery dead, try send to the apple shop to replace new coin battery.

4. thesampayne thread starter macrumors newbie

okay thanks guys. If it happens again I will contact apple. :)