MBP refurb advice

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Charlie.naylor, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Charlie.naylor macrumors newbie

I saw a refurb macbook pro on the apple website for £1000 (and bought it impulsively), with 2.5ghz proc and the 9600gt with 512mb vram: i was wondering what opinions people have on it as an upgrade from a first generation intel imac (2.0 with the 256mb x1600).

I bought a 09 mac pro with a 4870 back in march then returned it after 2 weeks - was fun but i realised i didnt really 'want' it.

For my money and satisfaction how would people recommend the refurb?

My usage is mostly just day to day stuff like music and internet but i do like to play video games in my sparetime, but dont die for it to look amazing.
    (Ie i played fallout 3 on top settings on Macpro then went to low settings on imac without really minding.)

I have a vague idea how the 9600gt sits in the range but i would be disappointed, despite the discount, if it didnt perform.

Thanks for reading my rambling monologue and any guildance/advice would be greatly appreciated!

2. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

My refurb 2.53 UMBP 4GB ram, nvidia 9600 512, 320GB HD arrived this past Friday. I love it. Do I wish it had a hires screen and Bluray -- yes but other than that, I got rid of my MB and Sony Vaio (which had screen and BR) to buy this unit. Handles all the work my MB used to do and all the games my Sony supported. All in a single platform. It is much, much faster than the 2.16 C2D MBP with the x1600 I sold a few months ago.

Cheers,

3. Hoo03 macrumors regular

I am typing on my new refurbished MBP that arrived today. As soon as I opened the box, I could have sworn that this was a brand new computer. I am very very happy with my purchase.