MBP refurb order - "Not yet shipped" - UK

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bigmikeyp, Sep 14, 2009.

1. bigmikeyp macrumors regular

bigmikeyp

Hi all.

Last Wednesday (9th), I ordered a refurb MBP 13.3/2.26/2x1GB/160 from the UK refurb store.

The order was made at around midday, so not too sure if they state an order cut off point for that to be classed as a working day.

Since then, the money has left my bank account but unfortunately remained on 'Not yet shipped'.
    Along the way, the order got held up due to security checks. I specified my work address for the shipping address as opposed to my billing address as nobody would be in to sign for the delivery.

Since that was sorted on Friday morning, the sales support member informed me that it would be dispatched within 24 hours after clearing security. It is now over this time frame and so I called Apple again this lunchtime. I was again told that she could not see any reason for it to be delayed or held up and would send another email through to the dispatch centre and that she would hope it would be shipped within 24 hours, if not she would send me an email.

Has anybody else experienced these sorts of delays with orders?
    I find their support communication to be very poor for an organisation of their magnitute along with the money people spend on their products.

Could it be a case of that because my order was held up for security checks (which I have no problem with - apart from wishing they had carried them out within the first 24 hours as it states in the UK ordering T&Cs) that they currently have no 'refurbs' in stock and are waiting for more to be available? I have asked each member of staff I've spoken to on the phone and been told that if that was the case I should have received an email to notify me of this.

I'm trying not to get too annoyed by it as afterall I am saving a considerable amount going down the refurb and online purchase, rather than bricks and mortor, but it's still £749 / $1200 afterall.

Apologies for the length of post! I appreciate your thoughts and comments.

Regards

2. Mark2805 macrumors newbie

Hi, I have exactly the same problem. Ordered a refurb mbp last wednesday at 8am. Apple called me on Friday to go through a security check and then said order would be released. No notification today so called them to ask why. Was just there wasa delay and to expect an email shortly advising of shipping date. Later this afternoon received an email advising that it will ship before the 18th!!

I am at a loss to what the delay is. Surely a rfb should be ready to ship? Does the delay mean that I might get a better model!

I don't live far from an Apple store, if I had known i was going to have to wait this long I would have bite the bullet and bought a new one.

I have pondered on this purchase for months, my initial thoughts onthe " apple" experience aren't what I thought they would be!

3. MacKiddyWiddy macrumors 6502

See i've never had a problem with ordering from apple and their refurb service is usually top notch.... Just hold tight [​IMG] hopefully it will arrive within the week, keep us all posted. If your problem persists though, just bombard them with emails. A mate of mine had a problem with a refurb from dell and after a month they gave up and gave him a new one, hopefully apple might do this for you

4. bigmikeyp thread starter macrumors regular

bigmikeyp

Thanks for both of your inputs :)

It's kind of nice that I can relate to somebody else on this issue; in an albeit unfortunate way.

At 6pm tonight I received the same email stating delivery by the 18th.

It just seems a shame how they take so long to get that message out to us. It has been my first (and hopefully last) negative experience with Apple. If they had told me about any delay within relative short timing I wouldn't be as bothered as I know already how good their products are and I am prepared to wait, but some (especially Apple newcomers may not be so willing).

I'm remembering their wording "shipped by 18th"...that could mean (and they do mention this) that it could be before then, as and when stock allows. Here's hoping to a couple of refurbs becoming available tomorrow AM!

I'll keep you posted on any developments, or ideally a speedy resolution!

Would be good if you could keep us updated as well Mark2805?

Regards,

5. bigmikeyp thread starter macrumors regular

bigmikeyp

Well...a bit of an update!

No change to my official order tracking via my account, but within the last 30 minutes I've received the e-mail below from one of the sales & service phone reps:

This is the sort of thing that makes me happier with my purchase, and more forgiving towards any delays! Hopefully they could just speed up their liaising process :rolleyes:

But going off that email; it's sounding good. Fingers crossed.

Regards

6. omarjk macrumors regular

When I ordered my MB new it took two weeks between select and pay and me finally firing up the machine due to reasons that still are not entirely clear.

Once your Mac arrives it'll be forgotten, and if your experience really sticks in your claw ask for a freebie. Start with free AppleCare and work your way down. No, I don't really mean that - a mighty mouse at best.