mbp refurb prices

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by blueillusion, Dec 29, 2009.

1. blueillusion macrumors member

I'm planning on picking up a refurbished macbook pro sometime in the next couple of weeks. I understand that the new models will be coming in the near future as well. Does anyone know if the refurb prices drop when a new model is announced, or are they the same price? If the prices don't drop, I probably won't bother waiting for the new models to come out. Has anyone been in this situation before?

2. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

Depends on what is announced but yes they usually drop. I bought this one after the update that added the SD slot. $900 less than the original price.

Cheers,

3. Shu15 macrumors regular

Yeah they drop after the new models come out. I was fortunate (or unfortunate) enough to buy the last expresscard MBP model 2 days before the SD models came out, like panzer06's situation. I checked again and the prices had dropped, but I'm not sure how much. Hope this helps!

P.S. My first and only mac is a refurb and they're good as new. Hope you're happy with it!
    :apple:

4. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

The price drops do happen, but you also have to remember that the refurb store has to carry the model you are looking for, often the largest problem with the refurb store.

5. 26.2 macrumors member

You should wait unless you absolutely need a machine today.

6. blueillusion thread starter macrumors member

Looks like i will end up waiting now. The one i was looking at originally today is now sold out :(
    Time to wait now.

7. sharkync macrumors regular

Models come in and out of the store constantly. Just keep an eye out for the one you are interested in. In all likelihood it will be back.