MBP refurb user satisfaction question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by chrmjenkins, Apr 10, 2008.

?

How satisfied are you with your refurb?

1. Completely (I've owned new and no difference in my mind)

8 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Completely (only owned refurb)

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Somehwat

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. Dissatisfied

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

Hello everyone,

I currently own a 2.2 ghz whitebook, and am interested in upgrading to a MBP sometime in the future. My ideal target is to wait for Nehalem, but that's about a year and 3 months away, so I was thinking of purchasing a refurb to hold me over.

When I would be looking to get one is the period right after Montevina hits and the original Penryn MBPs go way down again on refurb prices.

My question is, (as well as the poll), those of who you have bought refurb MBP (particularly those right after a refresh for the discounts), how satisfied are you with what you got? Was it cosmetically flawless, or did it leave some things to be desired? Was the packaging and accessories what you were expecting? etc.

All opinions are welcome. Thanks.

2. sweedigel macrumors member

sweedigel

Just bought a refurbished santa rosa mbp for 1350 euros (penryn one = 1800). Not even a little difference with a new model. It's just perfect, 100% satisfied. Actually I think that it's an unsold old gen mbp.

3. alansmallen macrumors 6502a

I own a refurb iPhone and I think the only difference is me being kinda paranoid. But compared to new ones it's all the same.

4. pik. macrumors 6502

pik.

hello!!!!!:)

I own a macbook Pro 2.2 refurb...

I have it 5 days...everything is perfect...;)

go for it...

5. leftfoot macrumors regular

leftfoot

Have had my MBP since late February, bought it refurbished, no issues at all. :cool:

6. woodekm macrumors 65816

woodekm

The only thing about my 2.33 MBP Refurb, is one bad pixel and you have to look real hard for it (most wouldnt even notice it).

No complaints at all for anything I bought refurbed and EVERYTHING I own that is Apple, is from the refurb store except my iPhone and the extra Ram I bought for both of my Macs.

2 wireless mice - saved $20 total
    1 wireless keyboard - saved $20
    1 airport extreme - saved $30
    1 airport express - saved $60
    1 MBP 2.33 - Apple SAYS I saved 1,029.00, but I cant imagine that to be true.
    1 Mac mini 2.0 - saved $60.00

The also gave me a 160Gb HD instead of the advertised 120Gb in my MBP.