MBP refurbs and dead pixels

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by KevinRightWing, Oct 26, 2008.

1. KevinRightWing macrumors regular

Just curious, but if you order a refurb macbook pro from apple's website, are you less likely to get a screen that has dead pixels due to the quality control/inspection/testing performed?

2. TodVader macrumors 6502a

TodVader

Well my MBP will return to apple for a dead pixel + faulty superdrive. I guess they will replace the superdrive but I doubt they will replace the screen. I guess it's going to become a refurb soon enough.

3. KSpider macrumors regular

I dont think that helped his question lol...

I dont think you are more or less likely to get a dead pixel screen with a refurb, but you have the same warranty as a new one, so it really doesnt matter. If it has dead pixels, get it replaced.

4. TodVader macrumors 6502a

TodVader

Just don't forget that refurbs are returns that have been fixed. If everyone that has a dead pixel returns their unit, there's a good chance of getting one. They do fix them but I'm pretty sure that business wise, they don't change the panels for 1 dead pixel. I would have kept it if it weren't for the superdrive.

5. Beau10 macrumors 6502a

I dunno, I would think the rate of incidence would be much higher. Keep in mind many of these refurbs are returned likely for yellow screen issues, dead pixels, etc, that Apple deems within tolerance. Apple's demographic is uh, picky, to say the least.

Probably a good poll question.

6. TodVader macrumors 6502a

TodVader

Exactly.