MBP Release Late Jan 2011 Release

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kamil.amersi, Jan 5, 2011.

  1. kamil.amersi macrumors member

    Joined:
    Dec 24, 2010
    #1
    Does anyone think its possible to have a late Jan release? Has there been any news filtering into the market place? I know SB has officially been released and there are some laptops with it - HP dv7 etc, but does anyone still think that a late jan/feb (as apposed to april/may) is possible?
     
  2. mrkramer macrumors 603

    mrkramer

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2006
    Location:
    Somewhere
    #3
    probably not, they don't want to update it that soon after Christmas, maybe in Febuary, but probably not in Jan.
     
  3. dtodor macrumors member

    Joined:
    Nov 10, 2009
    #4
    All manufacturers are updating to Sandy Bridge. The problem is, availability is currently set for Q2 2011. Only some quad-core configurations will be available in January. Since it is unlikely that Apple updates only the 15" & 17" models (assuming they are going to use quad-core CPUs), April or May sound quite plausible. It could be the case, however, that Apple has managed to gain early access, which by the way had happened in the past, and thus targets a release date in the near future. Maybe even tomorrow when the Mac App Store opens :)
     
  4. Jakedono macrumors member

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2010
    #5
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

    Can't wait 4 it 2 come out. I Bloddy hope that it comes out 2morrow......but we all know it won't happen.
     
  5. Hellhammer Moderator

    Hellhammer

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2008
    Location:
    Finland
    #6
    Late Jan is not gonna happen since dual core Sandy Bridge CPUs will be released in the beginning of February. I've been saying this for months and will continue to say it, my guess is February-March. It has never taken longer than 11 months for Apple to update MBP, thus April-May sounds too long. Feb-Mar is ideal as everything that Apple needs for next gen MBP will be ready and available by then.
     
  6. mickey23 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2010
    #7
    i recon they ll chuck arrandale into the 13's SB into the 15,17
     
  7. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

    koobcamuk

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2006
    #8
    I would like IPS more than sandy bridge. I am in the position where I actually want to buy myself a MacBook Pro finally, and now I find myself waiting for an update as it's been quite a while!
     
  8. AdamRock macrumors 6502a

    AdamRock

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2010
    Location:
    Toronto
    #9
    apple wont be putting a quad in the mbp...the current one is dual.
     
  9. inkhorn macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2009
    #10
    It will be 'quad-threads', if not actually quad core, via dual cores with hyperthreading.
     
  10. Hellhammer Moderator

    Hellhammer

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2008
    Location:
    Finland
    #11
    What does that matter? With that logic, we should still be stuck with single-core. It is possible that Apple will offer quad core in MBP
     
  11. grahamnp macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2008
    #12
    The current i7 with it's TDP of 35W already runs too hot and battery life seems to be Apple's priority nowadays so we would most likely not see the 45W i7 QM processors in the MBP. I would like to see a lower clocked 25/35W quad core with a sizeable turbo boost but we will probably need to wait for Ivy Bridge before we get a quad in the MBP. Apple also never uses anything higher than mainstream parts in their notebooks.

    Would really really like to be proven wrong. :)
     

Share This Page