MBP repair issues. Take it in for a third time?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by badmanbarry, Aug 15, 2008.

1. badmanbarry macrumors newbie

I managed to crack the screen of my MacBook Pro and brought it into Apple for a repair. They said that they replaced the clamshell. However when I brought the laptop back home, after a closer inspection, I noticed there was a screen missing on the bottom right of the screen and the green led doesn't come on when the isight turns on.

I took it in for a second time and they replaced the clamshell again. This time all screws were put in place and the isight was working. However it seems as though they didnt put the same effort into putting the case back together. The case now seems to be separating.

I want to take it in again but don't want to appear picky/fussy. But then again after spending £360 to repair the screen I expect it to be perfect. What would your opinions be please?

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. monkey86 macrumors 6502

monkey86

take it in for 360 you want to get it sorted. they seperating case is not too bad but it might allow dust and grit inside and you dont want that !

i would get it back in.

always take photos as well.

:)

3. iGary Guest

iGary

4. agatenby macrumors newbie

Take it in!

However, the gap you have above your CD slot drive, jam two CD's in to the drive (obviously not putting them in to the drive, just enough to hold the gap, and just push down and that will sort that problem out.

5. el3ctone macrumors member

6. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Yes, definitely, emphatically, yes. Take it in for a third, and a fourth, and a fifth time, should that, unfortunately, prove to be necessary. This is a high spec machine, powerful, high performance, aimed at the "professional" user. As such, you have paid quite a sum of money for the premium product, and you are entitled to expect high quality in the design, build and function of the machine. Equally, you are entitled to expect serious and dedicated service for such a product when things go wrong, or do not meet the expected standard.

I'm a recent switcher, and one of the reasons I switched to Apple was my positive experience with their customer service. Twice an iPod under warranty died, and it was twice replaced without fuss. Good luck with it.
    MBP 15'4", 2.4 ghz, 2 GB RAM, 160 HDD; iPod classic, 30 GB