MBP replacement.... Scratch on the glass.... what to do.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iBunny, Nov 3, 2008.

1. iBunny macrumors 65816

First MBP (Late 2008) Buzzing Fan.... Apple "Couldnt" fix, had to mail back to get a replacement.

Took 2 weeks.

Now replacement just got here today. Perfect, quitet, Even Lid, Screen is lit properly, No dead Pixels, BUT there is a small scratch in the glass on the left side. It looks like this ~ same size and all, but vertical.

You can Feel the scratch... :( What DO I do? I cannot go without a computer again by sending this back. I cannot afford to take the chance on a replacement when everything else is right. And I cannot live with a scratch in a 2500$ computer screen.

People with screen issues.... can they just swap out the screen? Is it that easy? Or do I need a new computer... again. Im about to ask for my money back.

2. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

You know when I got my 2nd mbp I thought it was a scratch on the screen but I used the black cloth that came with the mbp and wiped it right off!

3. iwanttogarden macrumors member

Ask if they can send you a new MBP without returning your current one until you get the replacement. I'm sure they will do it but you'd probably have to give them credit card information (incase you never send one back).

4. iBunny thread starter macrumors 65816

I thought that it would have been that simple too, however I can feel the scratch in the glass and you can see the light prism reflections from it.