MBP Replacement?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Chulme, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Chulme macrumors newbie

I wanted to ask some for opinions on the subject of a replacement computer.
    I bought my MBP in April 2011 and I love it. Since then I have been in to the apple store 5 times to get things "fixed". I have had 8 keyboard keys fall off and they simply put now ones on. Everyone I have talked to has never had this same problem. I guess it's a lemon keyboard. Then, my most recent visit was to get my display replaced. The hinge was popping every time it was moved. Since it was under warranty they replaced it in a short 3 days time. When I got my computer back, the display hinge doesn't pop and it feels fine, but there are all sorts of gaps everywhere. The back of the lid doesn't even touch when it's closed. Needless to say I'm tired of "living" at the Apple store. I didn't pay this much to be taking it in every other week. Am I being a baby, or should I complain and try and get a new computer? If I should complain, who do I talk to? Let me know.
    Thanks.

2. Spadoinkles macrumors regular

How many times has your Mac hit a concrete wall?

Well seriously, if you've treated it well, your Mac shouldn't treat you that way. I'd take it back and ask for an exchange to a new model.
    Where did you buy the Mac from? If it was anything dodgy or only a third party reseller I'd get a refund and go elsewhere, my two cents worth seeing the bad experiences I've had with resellers.

3. Chulme thread starter macrumors newbie

It came directly from the Apple Store. When I take my computer in the Genius Bar workers have commented on how I take really good care of it. I think I'm going to take it in.
    Thanks

4. randomrazr macrumors 65816

tell them ur tired of getting ur computer fixed

5. Chulme thread starter macrumors newbie

6. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

It's important to remember this a mass produced product. Not all will be trouble free. At this point I would contact Appe customer service to escalate the attention you receive. Befor you do, decide on what would make you happy and respectfully ask them for it.

7. i4Collin macrumors regular

I would just take it in and say that I'm tired of having this thing replaced, and I think it is a lemon.