MBP Retina 13 (2017), non-touchbar issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ShyDrA, Dec 1, 2018.

1. ShyDrA, Dec 1, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2018

ShyDrA macrumors newbie

ShyDrA

Hello everyone,

recently I visited an Apple Store just to let them diagnose my MBP. Although I didn’t experience any kind of problems with that machine, it turnes out that it has some production issues and components that need to be replaced. These are: SSD, display and of course keyboard.

Again myself I was more than happy with SSD performance and less happy with the keyboard but you all know how many problems does it have. Total repair costs are 780€ for me.

I can recommend those who have this machine to pay nearby apple store a visit and let hem check your laptop for some problems since you will get this components repaired completely for free eventhough you are out of the warranty.

Cheers.

2. filmbuff macrumors 6502a

filmbuff

So what was wrong with the SSD and display?

3. ShyDrA thread starter macrumors newbie

ShyDrA

4. _Kiki_, Dec 2, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2018

_Kiki_ macrumors 6502a

Why you paid for repair if you didn't notice any problems ?
    Is they disclosed diagnostics results on your laptop ?

SSD corrupted after about a 1 year, soldered SSD showing "real face"
    problems with coating on the screen still not solved on the past 6 years, from Retina 2012 models to present

5. ShyDrA thread starter macrumors newbie

ShyDrA

as I said, I paid nothing since its eligible for Solid-State Drive Service Program launched this year and couting display program even though my machine is out of warranty. They diagnosed my Mac and said that those components will be replaced. What I was trying to say is that I just recommend to let them proof your hardware and get it replaced for free when it's not working properly.
    --- Post Merged, Dec 3, 2018 ---
    nah, I have never had any SSD or display problems with my previous 2013 Retina Pro model. That's why I can assume that newer models are more affected.