Mbp retina 2015 with 2 monitors

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hexdump, Jun 20, 2015.

1. hexdump, Jun 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2015

hexdump macrumors newbie

Hi,

I want to connect 2 monitors to my mbp retina 2015. My two monitors do not have thunderbolt ports, just dvi, displayport and hdmi. The mbp just have a hdmi port. So, how can i connect the other monitor to the mbp?

I have seen there are thunderbolt to hdmi convertors, but dont know if there is any lost in the conversion.

Could anyone with experience on this being some information on this?

Cheers

2. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

Hi,

You would use an adapter like you have mentioned. You can get a Thunderbolt male to HDMI female cable that will allow you to then use a standard HDMI cable between the monitor and the adapter. I'm not sure if you are asking if the quality will be affected or not, but it should be read as a HDMI input. I have a DVI cable plugged into a DVI/HDMI adapter and it reads the input to the monitor as DVI.

I hope this helps.

3. hexdump thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the answer. I have a hdmi to dvi cable too and it does its work pretty well. The conversion does not loose quality. But dont know if the same happens using a thunderbolt to hdmi convertor.

4. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

I am not sure to be honest, I doubt it but hopefully someone can comment specifically.