(MBP Retina) Boot Camp Trackpad Problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Retirer, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Retirer macrumors newbie

It's more of an inconvenience than a problem, but here goes... I just got the base config Retina MBP yesterday.

On OS X, the trackpad is flawless. I can easily right click (secondary click) and use the trackpad simultaneously. I prefer to use OS X because of it's superior resource handling of the MBP's components, but I use boot camp Windows 7 Ultimate to run games that aren't native on OS X.

In Boot Camp Windows 7, the trackpad works decently. However, I experience a problem where I can't right click and use the touchpad at the same time. I have to completely remove my hand from the trackpad to right click.

Is anyone experiencing the same problem or have a solution?

Thanks for taking the time to help me with this!

2. schafx macrumors newbie

I'm having the same issue and it's annoying the **** out of me. Right click with two fingers works flawlessly in OSX. In Boot Camp, it requires me to hit the trackpad very hard to register a right-click (what Apple calls "Secondary Click" or "Secondary Tap").

Apple, please release working drivers - this is a basic usability requirement.

3. Jamesesesesess macrumors 6502a

My big issue is that tap to click doesn't even work, which was probably the most annoying thing to have to live with. I deleted my Windows partition anyway though :rolleyes: