Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!


Moderator emeritus
May 3, 2009
White spots are typically indicative of the clamps used to secure the display improperly tightened. I would definitely take it back to apple and have them look at it.


macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 7, 2013
I don't know that's why I'm asking :)

It is visible only on bright backround. If I use black background it isn't visible at all.
After searching on google I thought it could be a mura but the definition doesn't fit in all cases on my white spot.
Last edited:


macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2011
There was one on my classic 13" MacBook Pro too, it too was only visible on a white background. Since the pixels "work" it'll probably be something inside of the display, maybe a heating issue or pressure of some sort inside the display.
Last edited:


Dec 10, 2009
I had this happen within a few weeks of owning my rMBP and it's happened again just in the last couple of days. The first time it happened, I went into my local Apple reseller that also provide an authorised repair service. They were very quick about getting the machine sent off for a replacement screen. I suggest you do the same. It is indeed what some people call a 'mura' or white spot. The pixels are fine, but it's almost like a pressure mark. If I could be bothered to take a photo of my screen right now, you'd see that it's exactly like the spot you've posted a link to. Try taking it to an Apple store and see what they say. It will largely depend on the employee you get whether or not they take your issue seriously. If you have Apple Care, though, it really should be dealt with.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.