MBP retina graphics on the go?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rickvanr, Mar 6, 2014.

1. rickvanr macrumors 68040

rickvanr

2. nickandre21 macrumors 6502a

Thats the screen flickering issue if i am right it used to happen to some people while using 5ghz wifi either ways its most likely a hardware issue and you need to get apple to fix it. Just show them the video you recorded.

3. atticus27 macrumors regular

atticus27

that happened on my old mbp. It was a loose cable in the display panel. When I pinched it on the left side it would reconnect and work properly (until I shut it again). Ifixit should have a tutorial on how to repair it if your out of apple care. It's a $2 cable.
    If your still under warranty take it to a mac, store so you don't have to worry about messing anything up

4. rickvanr thread starter macrumors 68040

rickvanr

Thanks. I'm still under warranty so if SMC and PRAM resets don't do anything I'll be making a trip to the Apple Store I suppose.

5. rickvanr thread starter macrumors 68040

rickvanr

Hey

It's ended up being a hardware issue. Just curious with how Apple repairs retina MBPs. I've read everything is glued/ soldered together so I'm assuming they can't easily open it up and swap logic boards. Can they simply swap? Or do they replace the whole unit like an iPhone/ iPod? Just curious how extensively I should back up and what to expect when I get to the Apple Store. Thanks

6. simon48 macrumors 65816

simon48

I would think it will be a logic board replacement. As for a back up you should always have a backup that covers everything you care about so it shouldn't be a question here. ;)

7. rickvanr thread starter macrumors 68040

rickvanr

I meant more as in will I get this machine back or should I clear my drive before sending it in.

8. Barney63 macrumors 6502a

Barney63

They aren't sealed. A logic board replacement is straight forward. They will also put your existing SSD back in.

Barney