MBP Retina Mavericks restore side effects (ur computer shutdown because of problem)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nickassan, Oct 9, 2013.

1. nickassan macrumors newbie

Hi. I'm new to this is please don't rip my head off if i do something wrong.

I have recently tried to install logonkey and it has landed my developer MBP Retina on Mavericks dead. My genius solution is i don't have the time to fiddle, so I booted in recovery partition and plugged my external hard drive in and restored the backup made from Tech tool pro 7 in disk utility. So now i can use my computer. After resetting my SMC everything is normal again. One thing still remains, whenever i login, I ALWAYS get the "Your computer shutdown because of a problem" message. please help. I have already reset my NVRAM and PRAM to no avail.

2. KeithBSF macrumors newbie

When a crash or panic has happened, the warning on login keeps being shown each subsequent login, until an admin logs in. At that admin login, the admin is provided with details of the crash, and options to send to apple if desired.
    Then the login message is no longer shown for any account.
    At least, that's what happened to me, and the message is now cleared.
    In hindsight, it seems a sensible approach, but at the time, it was very annoying to keep getting that message.