MBP Retina Purchase ~ Advice

MacFly69

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 14, 2008
145
0
I'm currently using a MB 2008 unibody, but it's on it's last legs.

I'm considering a new 15" MBP Retina, but i'm afraid if i buy now.....a refresh comes out right after. anyone have insight on when a new MBP Retina will be coming out?

thanks in advance.
 

atticus27

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2009
200
0
Pittsburgh, PA
I doubt we'll see a major upgrade for at least a year. Maybe a minor spec bump this summer, if you wanna wait that long. I'd say get one now
 

simon48

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2010
1,315
88
Like others have said, no real point in waiting right now. Most likely anything that changes in the 7+ months will be really minor.
 

MacFly69

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 14, 2008
145
0
thank you gentlemen! its what i wanted to hear.

i'll be picking up a 15" MBP Retina by the end of the week.

with that said.....any suggestions on the 'best' place to make the purchase?
 

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
22,087
1,133
NYC
with that said.....any suggestions on the 'best' place to make the purchase?
I prefer B&H or the Apple Store.

A lot of my friends use Mac Mall due to no tax and they work with some sites to offer cash back.


Wherever you buy it, B&H has the best price for AppleCare.