MBP Retina Resolution after Mavericks - Splashtop issue

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by NSix, Oct 22, 2013.

1. NSix, Oct 22, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2013

NSix macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

Any idea how to fix this aspect ratio issue? Nothing seems to work. Streaming Mac to MBP: http://tinyurl.com/mp84gcd

I believe it has something to do with 2560X1440 resolution.

Before I upgraded to Mavericks, I had NO problems seeing the full computer through Splashtop. Everything was dandy.

Now, it's all messed up.

HOWEVER: if I turn on monitor mirroring w/ Airplay and dial up the resolution to 2560x1440, then it's back to normal.

Except that I'm stuck having to use Airplay mirroring on my MBP while streaming my Mac to the MBP w/ Splashtop. Really tedious and inefficient since this creates input lag.

I just want it to return to normal and I think it's because my screen resolution is no longer 2560x1440.

Were we able to select our resolution before the update? Now it's 'Best Scaled for Retina'. No numbers, just pre-determined.

Comparison:

How it is now:
    [​IMG]

How it is now, if I go through the tediousness of Airplay mirroring WHILE already streaming my Mac to my MBP:
    [​IMG]

2. Benjamin99 macrumors member

I'm betting Splashtop was not ready for Mavericks - I'm having an issue where I cannot even load Splashtop without it bombing out immediately after upgrading to Mavericks today. Going to try and reinstall Splashtop and see if that fixes as soon as my other updates complete.

3. Benjamin99 macrumors member

Tried reinstall of Splashtop with no success.

"Splashtop Remote Desktop quit unexpectedly.

Application Specific Information:
    *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: '-[irisVideoGenView layer:shouldInheritContentsScale:fromWindow:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x2120600'

4. Zetaprime macrumors 65816

Splashtop stopped working for me too after Mavericks upgrade. Were the splashtop developers sleeping during the mavericks betas? They should have had a mavericks ready version ready before the new os went out to the public.

5. NSix thread starter macrumors newbie

they have the worst customer support

6. Benjamin99 macrumors member

7. Zetaprime macrumors 65816

8. Zetaprime macrumors 65816

9. iPhoneONLY, Nov 10, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2013

iPhoneONLY macrumors member

Update questions from Mac NEWBIE

I currently have 2.4.0.2 on MBP with Mavericks. I need to update to 2.4.3.1 to fix the screen issue. I clicked "check for update" via the application but it says Im up to date. I manually downloaded the newest version (2.4.3.1). Should I uninstall the old version first? If not, do I just double click the new dmg to install the newest version? This is my first Mac.:)