MBP Retina - White patch on screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by benterz222, Jul 22, 2013.

1. benterz222 macrumors newbie

Just noticed a random white patch on the screen. It's about 4mm x 4mm and isn't that noticable, but now I'm aware of it, I can't stop looking at it.

I've already had the screen replaced once due to a dead pixel. Is this that thing they call 'burn in' which happens to retina screens?

Thanks

James

2. marddin macrumors 6502

It's most likely a "mura spot." Just take your retina to the apple store and have them look at it. Make sure you clearly show where the spot it as they will replace it. They replaced mine no questions asked. Here is an example of what I'm talking about..

[​IMG]

3. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

Usually with an internal hardware defect, they will replace it with no problems. Even if theyve already replaced it once before. Take it back to the Apple store, you shouldnt have any problems (as long as youre still in warranty)

4. benterz222 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah ok cool. Yes that looks very much like what I am getting. Although that looks slightly larger/more prominent.

I've already had the screen replaced once in the 7 months I've had the laptop. So bad.

5. lsh macrumors 6502

I had several Mura's. They said these typically come from bruising - too much pressure on inside or outside of screen.
    But I had Applecare and it was covered - no arguments. They replaced my LG with a newer LG.