• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

benterz222

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2013
Just noticed a random white patch on the screen. It's about 4mm x 4mm and isn't that noticable, but now I'm aware of it, I can't stop looking at it.

I've already had the screen replaced once due to a dead pixel. Is this that thing they call 'burn in' which happens to retina screens?

Thanks

James

marddin

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2009
It's most likely a "mura spot." Just take your retina to the apple store and have them look at it. Make sure you clearly show where the spot it as they will replace it. They replaced mine no questions asked. Here is an example of what I'm talking about..

White+line_01.png

Comment

sonicrobby

macrumors 68020
Apr 24, 2013
New Orleans
Usually with an internal hardware defect, they will replace it with no problems. Even if theyve already replaced it once before. Take it back to the Apple store, you shouldnt have any problems (as long as youre still in warranty)

Comment

benterz222

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2013
Ah ok cool. Yes that looks very much like what I am getting. Although that looks slightly larger/more prominent.

I've already had the screen replaced once in the 7 months I've had the laptop. So bad.

Comment

lsh

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2012
Cincinnati, OH
I had several Mura's. They said these typically come from bruising - too much pressure on inside or outside of screen.
But I had Applecare and it was covered - no arguments. They replaced my LG with a newer LG.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.