MBP - Rev C. (late 06) & Snow Leopard/CS4 ??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by srexy, Mar 4, 2009.

1. srexy macrumors 6502a

I tried searching but to no avail. Will my 2.33ghz rev C. be able to run well w/the upcoming release of Snow Leopard? How is everyone finding CS4 on their Rev. Cs?

I've maxed out the ram to 3gb and recently installed a WD Scorpio Black 320gb drive and she's running pretty well if I may say so. Better than she's run in a long time. I'm still on Tiger, running Parallels in coherence mode (512mb ram assigned to it) almost constantly and usually have a mixture of CS3 Illustrator, Photoshop and Dreamweaver open at any one time.

The reason I ask is that I've got money put aside for the Snow Leopard release but if it's going to run badly on my Rev C. I'll put her on Ebay and find the resources to upgrade to a unibody.

thanks in advance, Rex

2. Mark2000 macrumors regular

Mark2000

CS4 will run fine. It's bloated, so I doubt it runs super great on anything but an 8 core Mac Pro, but its perfectly usable. Try the demo first and see.

SL should run well. It's meant for anything with 2 or more cores, intel, and 64bits. That's your computer. So, enjoy!