MBP rubber feet on bottom - Applecare?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by PkennethV, Jan 30, 2009.

1. PkennethV macrumors 6502a

One of the four rubber feet on the bottom of my MBP has fallen off. Is this covered by Applecare? Can I just pretty much walk in, talk to a Genius and get a new on on the spot?

2. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Only if it fell of due to a manufacturing defect, im sure if you argued with the Genius not enough glue had been applied and your Macbook Pro gets really hot they'll replace it for free for you.

3. jargonblimp macrumors newbie

i have four bigger rubber sticky feet, from home depot for about $2 on the bottom of my MBP. It gives a little more raise (to help a little with cooling) and help the compie keep its grip on whatever surface it's on.

4. ZMacintosh macrumors 6502a

ZMacintosh

usually theyll replace whatever ones are gone.

better yet to try and call apple care they can overnight you some with very little to no hassle.

make sure you specify which model and type your talking about in case they do send the wrong items for different model

5. PkennethV thread starter macrumors 6502a

6. sonictruth macrumors member

Before my AppleCare ended on my 17in PB G4, I called and asked if they would just send me some feet (2 had fallen off at that point, now it's 3). The answer I received was no. This call was probably in late 2006. Good luck!

(And btw, the foot pads on the base of the new unibodies are a significant improvement - just one of the many reasons I am loving the updated design.)

7. nippyjun macrumors 65816

Did they offer to send you new ones a a small fee.?

8. sonictruth macrumors member

I don't remember if I asked or not (probably did, but just don't remember). There are websites that sell them cheaply, and in the end, I went the do-it-yourself route at the hardware store. The laptop never really leaves my house - I just wanted to stop scratches on the coffee table.

Definitely let us know what Apple says... Thanks!

9. billdakelski macrumors newbie

Don't bother replacing them, they will just fall off again, and they are not rubber on my $3000.00 mbp 17 they are cheap hard plastic, and keep falling off.

I hope that is not an indication of the quality of the rest of the parts in this machine.

Get some better quality replacement pads at a hardware store, they will stay put and provide far better footing.