MBP Running Slow & Acting Up

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Spleenthequeen, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Spleenthequeen macrumors newbie

Sooooo, I am fairly new to the mac world. I mean I bought my macbook pro about two years ago, however, it is just now starting to act up. I am pretty good about researching things and doing what people suggest to do to help things run smoothly, like using disc doctor, defrag, and all that jazz. However, I have done all of these things, and I still encounter the same problem. My problem is that every time I want to watch a show on netflix or use Skype, my computer starts to run extremely slow. I know that video takes up a lot of RAM, but I do want to be able to watch a show smoothly and not have to deal with the chop shop video on Skype. Can anybody help poor ole me and my video streaming?
    :p

2. B... macrumors 68000

B...

Video takes a lot of RAM. :) How many GB do you have? Looks at Activity Moniter for CPU usage as well (flash takes a lot of CPU), which can slow down the computer. Also look at page outs.

3. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Just a suggestion...you might make your title more informative. It helps find those who can help you.:D

4. Spleenthequeen thread starter macrumors newbie

Oops, ya I should of put that in the title, I am also pretty new to forums. The system has 4 GB memory and the processor is 2.4 GHZ. I have a clean memory app that I installed to make sure that there is memory available, but even when I do a clean, it does not fix the video streaming. :(