MBP running very hot after new logic board

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by coriforia, Aug 20, 2011.

1. coriforia macrumors newbie

Hello, I posted a bit ago about my lemon of a MBP, its an early 2008 model. It was sent away to figure out what was wrong with it, and all they did was put in a new logic board - which is very frustrating since thats what they did at the apple store and it didn't fix the problem of it not being able to turn on. Anyhoooo, I just got it back and its working but it feels super hot to the touch on the top above the F-keys. I searched through the forums, and saw a post about istat so I downloaded it and here are the temps:

CPU: 162 F
    GPU Diode: 175 F
    GPU Heatsink: 153F

Is that normal? All I've been doing is have a financial program open and browse the internet. No gaming, movies etc.

2. GuitarG20 macrumors 65816

GuitarG20

that is really hot... especially if you're not doing anything. that's 72 degrees C (i usually look at them in Celcius)

3. Oxonian3 macrumors regular

yeh idling it's a bit hot.I had that model and i found the cooling system to not b as efficient as the new models.I'd say monitor the temperatures and try cleaning the fans.A build up of dust can make the fans work less effciently.