MBP running warm (sudden change)?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jvencius, Mar 4, 2008.

1. jvencius macrumors regular

Is there anything I should look at if my MBP has suddenly started running much warmer than normal? SMC Fan Control and iStat Pro has my cores running at 75* and 76* with the fans set at 5000 rpms, one Safari window open, and Skype, AOL IM, and iChat widows minimized. Other than that, I dont' have any processes running and so it doesn't seem like the CPU's should be getting that hot. It only started running that much warmer than normal yesterday, so a sudden change in operating temp has me concerned. There's nothing blocking the vents, so unless the thermal paste on my processors has suddenly evaporated, I don't know what could be causing this.

2. rezonat0r macrumors 6502

Thermal paste doesn't evaporate :D

Have you rebooted? What does Activity Monitor show for CPU usage?

3. MacBookJoePro macrumors regular

Check activity monitor and see if the printer process is running. That seems to be cause of a lot of peoples CPU running hotter than normal. hehe

-JoE

4. zamboni52 macrumors regular

I noticed this on my Air. Check the CPU cycles...for me Safari was pegged at 100%. I closed Safari and the fans started to slow and the CPUs cooled off. Could be a Safari issue with flash-content using all the CPU cycles.

Just my 2 cents.