MBP Running Windows 7 Unexpectedly Wakes From Sleep

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mcmike100, Jul 1, 2010.

1. mcmike100 macrumors member

Hi everyone,

I'm running Windows 7 with boot camp on my unibody MacBook Pro.

Quite often, I'll close the lid to put it to sleep, then, a few minutes later I'll notice that the Apple light has turned on, and when I open the lid I confirm that it's woken up.

In Event Viewer, I've noticed that every time this happens, the following event is listed, in the Power-Troubleshooter category: "Wake Source: Device -USB Composite Device".

I have no USB devices, ExpressCards, CDs, or anything plugged in.

Any ideas?

Thanks very much,

Michael

EDIT: It doesn't only happen when it's running on battery power, since it just happened with the AC adapter in.

2. neondrgns macrumors regular

neondrgns

your computer wakes when you open the lid, problem solved

go into your power management in windows 7 and you can define what opening and closing your lid does

3. mcmike100 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, but no. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear, but it wakes up on its own.

I close the lid and it goes to sleep. Then, a few minutes later, it just turns on (I can tell because the Apple logo lights up, the body gets hot, and the fan starts spinning - then I open the lid and see that it is indeed on).

4. mcmike100 thread starter macrumors member

This hasn't happened to anyone here? I've seen this issue come up on other boards, but no one seems to have a good solution.

5. MacModMachine macrumors 68020

MacModMachine

try nyquil nighttime?

on the serious side....its most likely bluetooth waking the laptop ?

could also be a wireless mouse or kb plugged in.

6. mcmike100 thread starter macrumors member

Haha, thanks.

It's definitely not the wireless mouse or keyboard, since it happens all the time when I travel - it wakes up in my backpack, with no wireless devices in sight.

As for bluetooth, I suspected it as well, so I did a test and disabled the bluetooth radios in Device Manager. But the same problem happened.