MBP Sadness

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by el3ctone, Aug 15, 2008.

1. el3ctone macrumors member

Long story short, just got my MacBook Pro 2 weeks ago, and I had to bring it to a genius for repair because the Trackpad button failed out of the box.

I have actually been through 4 other MBPs prior to this one, with this one being the most flawless out of them.

1) Dust behind LCD panel (visible on screen), store manager processed replacement immediately.
    2) Yay! my perfect MBP...NOT! Couple days of using it, the fan started to make ridiculous grinding noises.
    3) No problem...right? Nope, the latch hook spring broke once i opened it at home (latch hook dangling at all times)
    4) Dust got in the back of Lcd panel 5 days after getting t.

AND.......

5) Fifth one looks like the charm! Everything looked nice pretty much. BUT Trackpad button was unresponsive, dropped files while dragging before i actually released the button.

Brought it in again, and I told them why don't we just get this repaired, ill leave it here for a few days, this way I wont have to come back ever again with a new problem.

Yeah, everything went well, with the exception that the so-called "geniuses" can't even put screws on right. My grandma could put on screws better than that.

What can I do about my screws, I REALLY don't want to go back to the store anymore, because it AIN'T CLOSE, and GAS is NOT CHEAP.
    Hope someone can give me some input on this about what i should do.
    Give applecare a call? Will they send me a replacement set of screws?

Heres a pic of my "SCREW" issue.

[​IMG]

2. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

Hmm it looks like the Genius are not so geniuus. Sorry for that. I can't help you though cos Im not (yet) a mac user.

3. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

Try giving Apple a ring if you have no luck replacement screws can be found HERE

4. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

5. deltaiscain macrumors regular

lol:D

6. Fabiano macrumors regular

Man, after that you can go to heaven! All your sins have been paid! :D

7. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

I'm really sorry to hear that tale of woe; sounds like a bad story, and as Fabiano has put it, you really have paid for your sins in this life, probably the next life, and most likely the one after that, too. Keep chasing them. Anyway, you have paid quite a lot of money for that machine; therefore, you deserve to have it functioning properly, and working as it is designed to, without build flaws, or other problems. Cheers.
    :apple: MBP 15.4", 2.4 ghz, 2 GB RAM, 160 HDD; :apple: iPod classic 30 GB

8. monkey86 macrumors 6502

monkey86

keep on at them, theve got a couple thousand quid/dollars they can sort you out some screws (that they probably get for about 10p.)